Monday, November 21, 2011

Done Complaining I wanna fix it !!

So the title of this blog is Fix America. I have a feeling this is going to turn into a very long blog with all the stuff that needs fixing in this country. Anyway, how DO we fix America? All I see in the news, on Facebook or on Twitter are complaints. A complaint is an excuse to do nothing as my Grandpa once said. Im sick of whiners, I wanna fix it not cry about whats broke! So how do we do it?
We use our imaginations to innovate new ways of doing things thats how. Things we are prevented from doing by special interests & narrow minded politicians. We are the worlds imagination land & its about time we imagined our way out of this mess. One way to solve what ails US besides cutting the govt down to a lean mean fighting weight is to have an energy policy that eliminates foreign sources. Imagine if all that money stayed here? We cant keep sending our wealth overseas to people who hate US. Even if it costs more I'd rather it stayed here.


Now before we begin please note I am for everything we can think of.
Nukes, drilling, mining, wind, solar, hydro, weird, whatever, if you can think it I like it :) The only thing I 'hate' is foreign energy.
Doing it cleaner is a nobel goal & should be our guide but lets not get crazy. Even though I will discuss green tech & energy here it wont be the kind of BS the govt is trying to feed you.
So you've read this far & you want an Energy policy, is that it? Well Ok lets get started.


My energy policy? Hmmm where do I start? Ok lets start with a fun science fact. Did you know that if you pass DC electricity through water it makes hydrogen & oxygen? Did you also know that when you burn hydrogen & oxygen together it turns back into water? Yes very clean, but why is it important?
Because electricity is easy make & hard to store, water is plentiful, V8 engines & normal electrical power plants can both run on hydrogen. Confused?
Ok let me lay it out for you a renewable source, could be anything, we'll talk about that later, but lets say a little wind mill like they had to pump water on the farm in the old days? Now instead of pumping water I hook it up to a generator & make electricity with it, with me so far?
Ok great I can make electricity but I cant power my house on that, the wind blows too much or doesnt blow at all right? Ok so I set up a bank of batteries to even out the peaks & valley's (this would be the power grid in a big scenario).
Ok now I can power my house, most of the time, off my new wind mill & batteries right? Yea not quite, sometimes the wind blows too much or not at all right? No wind, your batteries go dead, your shut down. Well when your wind mill makes to much electricity & your batteries are full you make hydrogen with the extra juice. Why? Because you can run your generator on hydrogen. Re charge your batteries ect ect.


But thats not a energy policy you say? umm yea it is if you scale it up. Your still confused? Ok here we go on the big picture:
Im not a fan of these giant wind mills hydro dams or solar parks, I'd much rather see a bazillion little things than a few monstrous things. I'll talk about what those bazillion little things could be later but lets just say for the sake of argument that every home or biz in America had a simple way to make some electricity from Mom nature. That would be a lot of juice wouldn't it? Now our power grid is designed to cope with second to second demand, making too much electricity is just as bad as not making enough so its a balancing act, never too much never too little.


I want to throw that idea out the window, stop worrying about making too much electricity. I want to use the extra juice to make hydrogen. Hydrogen that I can then burn later in a regular power plant like natural gas. Basically using the hydrogen like a battery or shock absorber. V8's engines run fine on it, as well as a surprising number of other fuels. So dont let the media or the govt tell you you have to ride around in their electric go carts cause you dont! 

Well talk more about that later too :)

I've got a lot to say, a lot of pent up frustration & Im just getting warmed up So I hope you'll stick with me while I rant the nights away about how stupid & incompetent our fart sniffing elitist leaders are
So until next time.


Good Night America & Mrs. Calabash--wherever you are!

1 comment:

  1. All of us want to "Fix it" but our bloated government has made suggestions or proposals nearly impossible.

    For a start let's short circuit the Republican's right to filibuster.

    In the beginning of American government there were two Republican parties - no Democrats. The "Tories" elected to adhere to the Greek philosophy that permitted any representative to filibuster any issue simply because no logical rationale could be used to defend their bias. Today exactly the same situation exists. Anyone from the Republican party can stall legislation indefinitely by the authority of 'filibuster' (which is the same as saying "I don't know why but I don't like this topic".

    The Democratic party is not afforded the same right so the best they can do is find some way of stopping the blow hard Republican for a few minutes which allows a "rules of order" adjustment to the agenda. If the Republican speaker does not return to the podium before a vote on the rules of order question is decided Mr. exhaust mouth is dismissed from the dais. Then the natural order of point and counter point is allowed to proceed.

    Filibuster is a defunct philosophy and absolutely anti-democratic. It's not written into our constituion, is not defined in any founding documents and must be eliminated as soon as possible because it serves no public interest. Filibuster is exclusively a way to defer decisions that must be made. The filibuster action simply says "I don't know how to argue facts so I will bore you with the time it takes me to ensure everyone is asleep before I stop talking."

    2000 years ago filibusters had value because so many things were changing so rapidly and representatives needed a way to delay making critical decisions for a few hours but in American government the filibuster has come to mean indefinite rejection of opinion which prevents ordinary citizens of adhering to any known policy.

    Filibuster is a dead practice and only costs America weeks or even years to fix issues that effect every citizen.

    Filibuster is bad for any free society and needs to be banned from American politics as quickly as possible.

    Jerry

    ReplyDelete